Library Board Trustee, Vicksburg District Library
The Vicksburg District Library is a Class 4 Library District with a service area of approximately
12,000 patrons. The service area includes Brady Township, Schoolcraft Township, and the
Village of Vicksburg.
The Library Board of the Vicksburg District Library consists of eight trustees divided between
participating service areas.
Trustees coordinate with the Library Director who is the executive officer of the board and
administers the operations of the library. Trustees serve in a volunteer capacity to help
ensure the district benefits from the resources available at the library.
Qualifications (as stated in the Vicksburg District Library By-Laws):
Trustees Appointed by the Brady Township Must Be:
• A resident of the Township appointing them.
• Available to attend the majority of board meetings which occur on each third
Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m. These meetings typically last 1-2 hours.
• Available to participate for a two-year term.
• Able to serve on sub-committees as necessary.
• Available to visit the library to sign checks on a regular basis with this responsibility
divided among board members.
• Free from personal or political agenda, seeing the library as an entity which serves
the citizens of three municipalities for the highest common good.
• A library card holder.
• Should be opposed to censorship and supportive of the principle of Freedom to Read
expressed by the American Library Association.
Trustees Appointed by the Brady Township Must Not Be:
• A relative of library staff or a board member.
• An outside employee or employer of library staff or a board member.
• A volunteer with the library.
• Desirous of the opportunity to seek publicity for any purpose, except the shared
purpose of promoting the library.
Brady Township Clerk
Brady Township is seeking a Township Clerk. The office of clerk is a pivotal one, dealing with vital areas
of township operation: records management, finance, and elections. Please see qualifications before
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following by statute or otherwise:
• Accounting, must be proficient using QuickBooks. AP, AR, Payroll and related tax reporting,
Journal Entries, Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial Statement Preparation, Annual Audit.
• Prepare and Submit annual audit information for worker’s compensation and pension program.
• Record and prepare meeting minutes. Must have the ability to accurately articulate the
proceedings in writing in accordance with statute.
• Attends all Board meetings.
• Publish in the newspaper synopsis of meetings.
• Prepares, posts and publishes meeting notices, resolutions, and agendas
• Responsible for maintaining all township records.
• Coordinates with Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals for agenda and packet
distribution, minute submissions for record and posting.
• Maintain Ordinance Books for all Boards and committees.
• Responsible for all election procedures: Maintain Qualified Voter Files with the State of
Michigan, Training of Staff, Absentee Ballots, Ballot Testing, Election Day activities, Bureau of
• Cemetery management
• Attend Township Trainings and related meetings.
• FOIA Coordinator
• Process Passports (after training)
• Notary (once appointed)
• Must be a Brady Township, Kalamazoo County, State of Michigan resident for at least 30 days
prior to appointment, a qualified elector and registered to vote, a US Citizen and over the age of
• Strong accounting and planning skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
The person appointed to this position would fulfill the remaining term of this office until November 2024.
If this person desires to continue in the position, they will need to run for office in 2024. This position is
compensated with a salary and benefit package including a health/dental/vision plan and life insurance.
Hours for this position will be based on the candidate’s ability to competently complete the statutory and
non-statutory duties of the office and to fill in when front office clerk is on vacation. Resumes must be
received by March 17, 2023 and may be submitted to email@example.com.
Brady Township is hiring a Recording Secretary for their Planning Commission. This position will report to the Chairman of the Planning Commission. This position requires that the Recording Secretary is regularly available every quarter and special meeting when scheduled to attend the meetings and is paid on a per diem basis at a rate of $45.00 per meeting.
Please submit resume to Brady Township, P.O. Box 20, Vicksburg, MI 49097
Brady Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Brady Township Advisory Road Committee
Advisory committees are not mandated or authorized by specific statutes; however, a township may choose to establish committees to collect information and make recommendations to the township board. Advisory committees are advisory and have no authority of their own.
Brady Township has established an Advisory Road Committee to assist the Township in reviewing recommendations from the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County for road maintenance of local (secondary roads) in Brady Township.
The Brady Township Road Committee will consist of three to five members appointed by the Township Board. Th appointments will be for a term of one year. The committee will select a chairperson from the appointed membership.
Committee members will not be compensated for their participation. Members may be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses, only when pre-approved by the Brady Township Board.
The Brady Township Advisory Road Committee will work with Road Commission of Kalamazoo County and Brady Township representatives to review proposed road projects and make recommendations to the Brady Township Board.
Application for Township of Brady Board, Commission and Committee Position
Positions available on the Planning Commission and ZBA
Brady Township is seeking residents to fill 2 positions on its Planning Commission. Members of the commission make decisions to guide growth within the township through development and use of a Master Plan. The commission meets quarterly, with special meetings as needed. Term of appointment is three years. If you are interested, please submit a letter of interest to Brady Township Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to PO Box 20, Vicksburg, MI 49097.
Brady Township is seeking a resident to fill 1 position on it Zoning Board of Appeals. Members of the board make decisions related to requests for variances from the Ordinances. The Board has meetings scheduled monthly; however only meet when there is a variance request presented. The term of appointment is three years. If you are interested, please submit a letter of interest to Brady Township Supervisor at email@example.com or deliver to PO Box 20, Vicksburg, MI 49097.